Front Royal Christian School
Mediating a sense of competence, confidence, and belonging.
Education. Formation. Inclusion.
A PreK through 12th grade non-denominational, independent, private school in Front Royal, Virginia, that fosters your student’s innate learning potential.
Front Royal Christian School is the model school for the Center for Cognitive Formation, focusing its philosophy of education on cognitive modifiability and social-emotional learning.
From special needs to gifted, FRCS is committed to the spiritual, moral, and intellectual development its students.
Our interest is always in your child.
FRCS: Education, Formation, Inclusion
Front Royal Christian School provides a holistic approach to education whereby all children from vulnerable to gifted not only learn in the classroom but also learn how to transfer that learning to their everyday life.
View this video to hear directly from FRCS students, faculty, and administration to learn firsthand what makes FRCS distinct from other schools.
FRCS provides a holistic approach to learning, where we believe it is so much more than just curriculum or a set of tests, where serving our neighbors is a priority, and our interest is always on the child – each child. For this purpose, the approach FRCS takes towards education is unique.
We focus on how a child learns more than what he or she learns. Once a student learns how he or she learns, they become self-managers of their own learning – and thus independent, lifelong learners – which is our goal for each student at FRCS.
The education of FRCS students starts with training our teachers in a therapeutic approach to the classroom. Our teachers receive professional development in both cognitive modifiability and social-emotional learning. We believe a child comes to us with a God-given purpose – unique to that child – and we work to support each child to reach their full potential and to ultimately become the best version of themselves.
Through service learning, FRCS graduates students who are empathetic, collaborative, reflective, and involved.
Service learning actively involves students in a wide range of experiences, which benefit others and the community, while also advancing the goals of the FRCS curriculum. Service learning comes to life through the FRCS missions program which begins in preschool and the lower grades with outreach to the local community and grows towards high school students participating in annual trips supporting disaster relief efforts. Through service learning, students transfer their knowledge of loving their neighbors to actively serving the needs of those in need.
We believe each child comes to FRCS with his or her unique, God-given purpose and it is the school’s responsibility to support each child to reach their full potential, ultimately becoming the best version of themselves.
All FRCS students, from the gifted learner to the vulnerable learner come together in an inclusive environment. Inclusive classrooms are places where educational barriers are removed and students of all abilities are educated. FRCS believes in honoring each student’s unique learning requirements.
FRCS believes that inclusion goes beyond vulnerable learners to ensure that all learners are included. FRCS developed its Cognitive Center inside the school as a lifeline to students needing one-on-one support. The Center provides educational and social-emotional therapy, executive functioning coaching, and other support to its students.
FRCS educators and administrators are trained and dedicated to engaging a range of learning styles and creating an environment where students not only learn from the daily curriculum but also daily from each other.
Our Latest News & Updates
FRCS’s Response to COVID-19
Acting in solidarity with the community effort to act now to influence the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our community, FRCS has decided to close March 16-March 27. After much consideration, we have decided to observe Spring Break March 23-27. On Monday, March 16, the teachers and staff will report to school and prepare to provide online lessons for students March 17-20. We prayerfully anticipate being back to school as normal by Monday, March 30. The situation changes rapidly and we will continue to evaluate this plan throughout the closure. Good Friday, April 10, and Monday, April 13, will remain school holidays.
The Cognitive Center: A Fresh Look at How Students Learn
While 10 percent of the FRCS student body receives individual support through The Cognitive Center, the other 90 percent experience and benefit from what it means to be a part of an inclusion program where everyone is considered a vital, contributing member of the school, and the dignity of each child is respected.