Front Royal Christian School faculty and staff bring a wealth of experiences to our campus, classrooms, field studies, and athletic fields.
Our students are taught by and interact with professional educators who are experts in their respective fields. Our staff includes accomplished artists, musicians, and writers.
The FRCS environment is constantly being transformed by the gifts and talents of our faculty and staff.
Robust programs to encourage professional development
FRCS faculty and staff receive training in the latest developments in neuroscience to ensure that they are offering their best teaching to their students.
Every teacher at FRCS receives training in Feuerstein Instrumental Enrichment (IE). IE is a series of structured exercises that individually focus on specific cognitive areas, including analytic perception, comparison, classification, spatial and temporal orientation, and more.
With the benefit of IE, FRCS teachers are equipped to identify and respond to individual student learning strengths and weaknesses. In addition, faculty is required to identify and review the latest content that applies to their areas of particular expertise.
This training and professional development ensures that our teachers are the best they can be for your student.
Ready to join our faculty or staff?
Ready to learn more about joining the faculty or staff of Front Royal Christian School? We are always interested in attracting new and interesting faculty and staff and would love to hear from you. Please forward your resume and an introductory letter to:
Front Royal Christian School
80 N. Lake Ave.
Front Royal, VA 22630
Or email: [email protected]
Or fax: 540-635-6152
Applications for faculty and staff positions are accepted all year. However, most decisions regarding new members of the faculty are made from January through May. Please submit an introductory letter of interest and your resume to the contacts listed above.
Include Your Email
Please note that we correspond with applicants primarily via email, so applicants interested in faculty positions must include an email address in their materials.
Thank you for your interest in Front Royal Christian School!
FRCS Daycare Openings
Interested in joining a dynamic team of fun, loving , top-notch caregivers for our nursery through 3 year olds in the FRCS Daycare? Email [email protected] or [email protected] or call 635-6799 and ask for Mrs. Carroll or Mrs. Roth.
Fifth Grade Elementary Teacher
Front Royal Christian School, a classically-based, Christian school, is looking for a creative and enthusiastic person to serve as the full time 5th Grade teacher. The 5th grade classroom provides a promoting competence, confidence, and belonging. It supports the development of knowledge in all core academic areas for all students with an emphasis on cognitive, social and emotional growth, skills for lifelong learning, and the importance of working together as a collaborative group.
This position requires but is not limited to the following duties:
- Support and uphold the philosophy classically-based, Christian education and the mission of FRCS.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Provide effective 5thgrade instruction and assessment for instruction of Grammar, Reading, Spelling, Handwriting, Mathematics, Bible, History, and Science for 5th grade classroom based on the needs and capabilities of students.
- Communicate clear objectives for all learning activities and create projects to enhance learning opportunities.
- Use varied assessment tools to perform both formative and summative assessments.
- Demonstrate a willingness to respond to individual learning needs through differentiated instruction and centers-based learning.
- Create and currently maintain lesson plans.
- Incorporate technology into lesson planning to include but not limited to Chromebooks.
- Practice positive, consistent discipline in the management of the classroom.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior for a productive learning environment.
- Communicate and collaborate with parents, staff, and administration for optimal student progress regarding academic, behavioral, or safety concerns.
- Demonstrate a commitment to remain current in professional practices and developments, informational technologies, and educational research applicable to a 5th grade classroom.
Qualified candidates will possess a four-year degree. Classroom teaching experience is preferred. To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter that includes your philosophy of Christian education and resume to [email protected], with the subject “5th Grade Teacher Position” noted.
Job Type: Contract